Saturday, December 7, 2013

Why Am I Doing This?

In 2012, more content was created than in the entire history of humanity combined. (Query: how much of that content would have never been created but for marketers trying to game Google’s SEO algorithm? Please reply back with the answer.) That’s a hard fact. So, why am I choosing to become another needle in the haystack?

I love writing. I started writing weekly columns for a newspaper in my native Guayaquil (that’s in Ecuador, for the geographically and culturally challenged) when I was 18, did it for almost three years and then I stopped. Back then there was no Google Analytics. It was a big national newspaper (El Telegrafo), so presumably someone must have read me or at least come across my face, still with pubertal pimples. I enjoyed every bit of it, but the newspaper went through some difficult times and I had to stop. After that, school, then work, then travel, etc., all gave me perfect excuses to be lazy and I never picked up on it again.

But now I am back. Since I joined a team of friends to co-found GroundBreaker (please join and be part of something awesome!), I have felt more alive, challenged, and motivated than since my first year of law school. So, back in August, I started writing for GroundBreaker’s site and blog and realized how much I missed doing this.

I get a decent click rate on my GroundBreaker posts and I would be happy if my wife and perhaps a freak or two read this every now and then. I could care less, honestly. In fact, thanks to analytics, I know that most of you have given up on this post by now. I do it for me.

It's always so hard to choose a picture;
I look so good in all of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment